How to Share Files and Manage Access on Wasabi Storage
Wasabi is a cloud platform that provides object storage space for companies to store large amounts of files. In this document, we will discuss on how to configure Wasabi storage with NirvaShare and share file/folder with users.
Wasabi Storage Configuration
In order to configure NirvaShare with Wasabi Storage, Access Keys are required from your Wasabi account. To create Access Keys, follow the steps below.
- Login to Wasabi account and from the left menu list, click on Access Keys
- Click on the button CREATE NEW ACCESS KEY located at the top right corner.
- Select the radio button Root User or Sub-User.
Note: It is advisable to have a separate user for API access and in such case select Sub-User. For this, you may have to create a new user in Wasabi full permissions.
- Click on CREATE button.
- Download the Access credentials, store it in safe place.
- The Access Key and Secret Key obtained from this will be needed during the configuration of NirvaShare
Make sure NirvaShare is installed in any of your preferred cloud or on-premise environment. For more information on installation, please refer to Quick Installation Guide.
After the installation is complete, to access AdminConsole, please open the URL -> http://(your ip):8080
Login to admin console with default credentials as admin/admin . It is advisable to change the password after your first login. To change the password, please refer to the documentation Change Password. You can also create more than one admin user under Users & Roles -> Admin Roles tab and give full access to reset another admin user password. To reset forgotten password refer to Password Reset.
NOTE: Please note that the default in-built user store does not support password reset functionality for Admin Console. For a proper production deployment, you are recommended to integrate with any of your identity provider such as Active Directory, Google workspace, Okta, etc for better password management policy.
- After login into the application, click on Settings at the left menu tab.
- Click on edit File Storage, and select a storage type as Wasabi S3.
- Provide your storage Access and Secret Key.
- Save it.
- Go to the next section, edit User Application URL and provide the user application URL as http://(you ip):8081, and save it.
Note – During production, a proper domain with HTTPS is required here.
- Other settings such as email, audit, etc can be configured later and is optional for now. For more detail, refer to Settings
File/Folder Sharing with Username and Password Authentication
To Share a folder with form based Authentication, please refer to Setup Form based Authentication.
For more information on SSO integrations and other features, please refer to Documentation and Blogs