How to share and collaborate object storage files from Vultr Cloud
Share and collaborate files/folders of your existing Vultr object storage with internal and external users such as customers, partners, employees, etc with fine access control. Easy integration with any of your existing identity providers such as Active Directory, Google Workspace, IAM Identity Center, KeyClock, etc.
The FREE edition supports authentication such as Basic, Form and OTP while sharing files.
In this blog, we will discuss how to install and configure NirvaShare to share files or folders with simple form-based authentication.
After creating a NirvaShare One-Click instance from the Vultr Marketplace, wait for 3-4 minutes for the installation to complete. Access the application using instance public IP address as http://(instance IP address):8080 in a web browser.
If you are able to see a login screen, it indicates the installation was successful.
As a prerequisite, you will require an access and secret keys obtained with Vultr cloud platform for object storage to proceed with further configuration. To generate new keys, please login to your console https://my.vultr.com and follow below steps.
- On the left tab menu, click on Products and then on Objects.
- Click on the existing object storage.
- Click on the Overview tab and check under S3 Credentials. Note down the Access and Secret keys, these keys will be required during storage configuration in NirvaShare Admin Console.
- If no keys exist, click on Generate Keys
With the installation being ready, having both access and secret keys, the next step is to configure NirvaShare to point to your Vultr S3 Object storage and share file/folder using a Form-based authentication.
Assuming, deployment was successful, please open the Admin Console URL -> http://(your ip):8080
Login to admin console with default credentials as admin/admin . It is advisable to change the password after your first login. To change the password, please refer to the documentation Change Password. You can also create more than one admin user under Delegated Admin tab given full access to reset another admin user password. To reset forgotten password refer to Password Reset.
NOTE: Please note that the default in-built user store does not support password reset functionality for AdminConsole. For a proper production deployment, you can integrate with any of your identity stores such as keycloak, Active Directory, etc for better password management policy.
- After login into the application, click on Settings at the left menu tab.
- Click on edit File Storage, select a storage type as Vultr Object Storage and provide your storage Access Key and Secret Key.
- Save it.
- Go to the next section, edit User Application URL and provide the user application URL as http://(you ip):8081, and save it.
Note – During production use, a proper domain with HTTPS is required here.
- Other settings such as email, audit, etc can be configured later and is optional for now. For more detail, refer to Settings
File Sharing with Form based Authentication
To Share a folder with form based Authentication, please refer to Setup Form based Authentication.
For more information on SSO integrations and other features, please refer to Documentation and Blogs