Installation of NirvaShare on E2E Cloud platform
Share and collaborate files/folders of your existing E2E object storage with internal and external users such as customers, partners, employees, etc with fine access control. Easy integration with any of your existing identity providers such as Active Directory, Google Workspace, IAM Identity Center, KeyClock, etc.
The FREE edition supports authentication such as Basic, Form and OTP while sharing files.
Login to your E2E Cloud console and create a new compute node with Ubuntu-20.04 operating system. NirvaShare can run on as low as 2GB RAM, hence select a node configuration anything above that. After node comes up, ssh to the node and login as [email protected] In the ssh console, run below command to start the installation.
Note – it is a single one line command.
sudo curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nirvashare/nirvashare/main/linux/ubuntu/install_nirvashare.sh -o ns_install.sh && bash ns_install.sh && rm ns_install.sh
Above command will prompt you to enter database password, once provided, it will proceed and complete the installation within a minute or two.
As a prerequisite, you will require access and secret key generated from E2E cloud object storage to proceed with further configuration. To generate a new keys, please login to your cloud console and follow below steps.
- Under the Storage left menu, select Object Storage
- Click on Manage Access Keys at right top corner.
- Click on Create access key section, click on Generate New Key and provide any name.
- This will generate a new Access and Secret keys, please copy this and keep it as it will be required during storage configuration in NirvaShare Admin Console.
With the installation being ready, having both access and secret keys, the next step is to configure NirvaShare to point to your E2E Object Storage and share file/folder using a Form-based authentication.
Assuming, deployment was successful, please open the Admin Console URL -> http://(your ip):8080
Login to admin console with default credentials as admin/admin . It is advisable to change the password after your first login. To change the password, please refer to the documentation Change Password. You can also create more than one admin user under Delegated Admin tab given full access to reset another admin user password. To reset forgotten password refer to Password Reset.
NOTE: Please note that the default in-built user store does not support password reset functionality for AdminConsole. For a proper production deployment, you can integrate with any of your identity stores such as keycloak, Active Directory, etc for better password management policy.
- After login into the application, click on Settings at the left menu tab.
- Click on edit File Storage, select a storage type as E2E Object Storage and provide your storage Access Key and Secret Key.
- Save it.
- Go to the next section, edit User Application URL and provide the user application URL as http://(you ip):8081, and save it.
Note – During production use, a proper domain with HTTPS is required here.
- Other settings such as email, audit, etc can be configured later and is optional for now. For more detail, refer to Settings