Oracle Storage Configuration using Access and Secret Keys
Oracle Storage configuration with NirvaShare can be configured using access keys obtained from Oracle cloud console. In this document, we will look in to how to create the access key and and configure the storage with NirvaShare.
To configure NirvaShare to manage access on Oracle object storage, you will require Application API keys from your Oracle account . To create application keys, follow the steps below.
- Login to account Oracle Cloud console
- From the left menu list, click on Identity and then on Users
- Click on a existing user and go to Resources. In case if you want to have a separate user for API access, please create a new user. Make sure the user have the admin privilege to manage object storage.
- From the bottom left corner, click on Customer Secret Keys > Generate Secret Key
- To Generate Secret key provide a Name and click on Generate Secret Key
- Copy the generated Secret key and keep it safe (it will be not shown again).
- Copy the Access key by clicking on to the access key link in the list
*Important: Please note down these keys, it will be required during the configuration.
- You need the Namespace which is mentioned in the bucket information tab and OCI region is also required which you can find in your dashboard URL
- Now that you have Access and Secret keys along with namespace and OCI region name, these informations will be required for NirvaShare storage configuration.
The obtained access and secret keys will have to configured with NirvaShare to provide access to the storage and follow the below steps.
- Login to Admin Console of NirvaShare.
- Click on left menu Settings
- Edit the File Storage under the settings page.
- Select Oracle Storage
- Specify acceess and secret keys.
- Also specify namespace and region name.
- Click on TEST to validate the access to storage.
- Save it.