How to Reset Forgotten Password for Admin User
There is no UI-based password reset functionality provided with the default user store. In most production deployments, it is recommended to integrate with external Identity Providers such as Active Directory, Okta, KeyCloak, etc which in turn allows having better password management policies.
However, in order to reset the admin password, you will be required to log in to the machine using SSH.
- Login to your server machine using SSH as root. Example “ssh [email protected](IP address)”
- Go into folder /var/nirvashare
- Create an empty file override_password
- To create an empty file run the below command.
- This will let AdminConsole to allow with default credentials.
- Login to AdminConsole using default credentials as admin/admin
- After logging in, change the password. Henceforth, you can use the newly set password.
- You can also reset password for other delegated admin users.
- Make sure, you DELETE the file /var/nirvashare/override_password