- Show all articles ( 24 ) Collapse Articles
Reset Password for Default Super Admin User
In the situation when the password is forgotten for the default super admin user admin and if there are no other super admin users to reset the password, then in those cases password can be reset using server configuration.
In most production deployments, it is recommended to integrate with external Identity Providers such as Active Directory, Okta, KeyCloak, etc which in turn supports having better password management policies.
However, with the default user store, to reset the user admin password, you will be required to log in to the machine using SSH.
- Login to your server machine using SSH as root or sudo user.
- Go into folder /var/nirvashare
- Create an empty file override_password
- To create an empty file run the below command.
- This will make AdminConsole to let you login with default credentials.
- Login to AdminConsole using default credentials as admin/admin
- After logging in, change the password. Henceforth, you can use the newly set password for admin login.
- Make sure, you DELETE the file /var/nirvashare/override_password